Tuesday 4 June 2013

Shaman of Stonewylde by Kit Berry (a review)

So, we reach the end of the Stonewylde story - and what a way to finish this wonderful story.

These are dark times indeed. The spirit of Magus is still around, waiting for the chance to pounce, several old faces try to return and some want a return to the Hallfolk/ Villagers way of living. Yul and Sylvie are still struggling with their relationship problems - every time they seem close to working things out something else drives them apart.

The story, as ever is very involving and beautifully told. Kit Berry paints a vivid picture that makes the people and places of Stonewylde come to life - and that, for me, was the problem with this book - I kept putting it down because I didn't want to get to the end, knowing that this is the last book ever in the series.

But, eventually I bit the bullet and finished it. I was astounded, amazed, saddened and stunned. The last section of this book may well be the most wonderfully written and moving end I have ever read - after finishing the last page I think I just sat for 10 minutes or so trying to take in what had just happened.

Bravo Ms. Berry, you've done a wonderful job. The gates of Stonewylde may now be closed but I will be going back to these books for many years to come.

I am planning to do an overview/lookback of the whole Stonewylde series in the next week or too so please check back here if this would be of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment