Sunday 24 March 2013

A Beginning (The Tower and The Eye) by KIra Morgana - a review

A Beginning (The Tower and The Eye) starts out as a pretty standard Dungeons and Dragons romp. You have your basic characters (Human, Dwarf, Cleric, Theif, Elf) and all the cross race banter you would expect. You have a dungeon to explore (loaded with traps, threats etc) and you have an Ancient Enemy.

When you put all these elements together you could have a run-of-the-mill story but thanks to the authors love of, and experience with all things d+d, what you get is a short story with a lot of promise for the series it is setting up.

There are twists and turns to the story that I didn't expect and an ending that left me stunned, in so much as I never saw THAT coming.

A grand start to what promises to be a classic fantasy series for years to come

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you enjoyed the story - I hope you'll stick with me because this is a story that is going to evolve a wee bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I most certainly will. That ending opened up a whole world I'm looking forward to visiting again

    ReplyDelete